![]() |
| My Top 5 News Sources (And why They're Not Exactly Award Winning) |
My top five news sources are in no way fancy, and they're probably not the most accurate lineup you'll ever see.
But these apps and shows are how I first find out about things, and from there, I start doing my own research.

Fox News Logo
1. Fox News

My first news source, hands down, was Fox News. It's the only channel my family ever had playing in the house growing up, so naturally, it's where I learned to "go" for news.
As I got older, though, I started noticing how biased it could be, and that realization pushed me to look elsewhere for a more balanced perspective.
![]() |
| YouTube Logo |
That search for balance led me to YouTube.
I began following creators who seemed more neutral and who posted videos breaking down specific topics.
What I liked about this shift was that it gave me room to actually sit with an issue and figure out my own opinion, instead of having one handed to me.

Instagram Logo
3. Instagram
My third source is one I'll admit is a little more accidental: Instagram.
Headlines pop up on my feed, and if one catches my eye, that's usually my cue to go dig deeper.
It's less of a "news source" in the traditional sense and more of a trigger, something that tells me, "Hey, you should probably look into this."
4. Google
| Google Logo |
Once something catches my attention, Google is where I go to actually research it. I like it because it doesn't hand me one narrative.
It gives me access to all kinds of different sources, so I can compare perspectives and get a fuller picture instead of relying on a single outlet.

TikTok Logo
5. TikTok

And finally, source five: TikTok.
I'll be the first to say it's not the most reliable place to get your news.
But it spreads topics fast, and because so many different people are weighing in with their own takes, you end up seeing a wide range of opinions and outlooks on the same situation, sometimes more than any single "legitimate" outlet would show you.
None of these five sources is something I'd call "the news" on its own.
They're more like starting points.
Fox News gave me a baseline, and later, a reason to question that baseline.
YouTube taught me to slow down and form my own opinions.
Instagram and TikTok act like alarm bells, letting me know what people are talking about right now.
And Google is where the actual digging happens.
I think that's probably true for a lot of people my age.
We don't get our news from one trusted anchor desk anymore.
We piece it together from a handful of imperfect sources, cross-check when something feels off, and try to land somewhere close to the truth.
It's messier than how my parents got their news, but in some ways, it forces me to think more critically about what I'm actually reading.


No comments:
Post a Comment